Sunday, March 8, 2009

Paging Doctors Picklesmith and Seuss!
















A few days ago, we noticed bumps on Tyler and Connor's faces. We thought they were spider bites, until they started to look like they had puss in them...I know, gross! Connor had a couple under his nose and Tyler had one under his mouth and on his chin.

Yesterday, we noticed that Tyler had another bump on his finger, so I knew it was something that was spreading rather than a bug bite. Tyler said they were painful, and now they were starting to look crusty. Again, gross! We took the boys to Urgent Care and found out that they have Impetigo. Not sure how they got it and who picked it up first. We hadn't heard of any kind of outbreak at school, but I am guessing that's where it came from.

While we were waiting for the doctor, the boys were pretending to be doctors. Tyler said he was Dr. Picklesmith. Connor said he was Dr. Seuss. Both operated on daddy while we waited. It was cute!

The boys are contagious, but fortunately, it is more common in children. I think Jim and I are pretty safe. I did wash all the bedding though. The boys are happy that they get to miss a day of school. They will be on an antibiotic for about two weeks. Connor likes the flavor, but Tyler thinks it tastes disgusting.

While we were at the doctor, we had her check out the little wart on Connor's hand. He was so brave when she froze it off. You could tell it hurt, but he didn't cry once. We told him that he was Iceman and has the power to freeze whatever he touches. He thought that was funny!

4 comments:

  1. Hope there wasn't any more breaking out today.
    Get well -- Tyler and Connor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Tyler go to baseball practice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember getting that as a kid and it was just as mysterious. The boys should consider themselves lucky, mine appeared in the crotch, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki,
    How do you do the slideshow with your photos on this?

    ReplyDelete